This 2-day First Aid at Work Requalification course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification in Aylesbury and are due to expire. Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can re-qualify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating that in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you so desire providing it is completed within 6 weeks of starting the course and the training sessions last for a minimum of two hours.
A range of subjects is covered including:
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
Successful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers each day. A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
QCF Level 3 Award (England, Northern Ireland & Wales)
Qualification title: FAA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) Code 600/7380/9
Unit 1 Title: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace Unit Code A/504/4517
Unit 2 Title: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace Unit Code F/504/4518
A maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certiﬁcate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
The certiﬁcate will expire as dated on the certiﬁcate, irrespective of age.
This two day course costs £110* per person which has to be paid when booking is made, this includes verification, certification and booklets.