Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 1
Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 1 Description
This is an excellent introduction to Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 1 and will benefit those who are starting work for the first time, or for those returning to work after a long absence so that Health and Safety legislation can be updated. It is appropriate for any worker, in any industry or sector and accommodates induction training for the new employee very well.
All aspects of Health and Safety is important to the business whether you are an employee, contractor or supplier and this half-day course will benefit both the learner and the business, ensuring that the working environment is a safe and healthy one. Latest figures from the HSE are;
- 1.2 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,538 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2013)
- 142 workers killed at work
- 76,000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 4.1 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.3 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2014/15)
Do not let your workplace become one of these statistics.
This is a half-day (3 hour) classroom based course and no previous experience is necessary. We can deliver this course at your place of work or our training centre here in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire, alternatively you can attend one of our training centres across the UK.
A range of subjects is covered including:
• Understand the importance of health, safety and welfare standards in the workplace
• Know how hazards and risks are controlled in the workplace
• Be aware of the main causes and effects of poor health and safety at work
• Understand how health and safety information is communicated in the workplace
Assessment is on-going by the instructor, culminating with a multiple choice question paper. This is a lifetime qualification, although refresher training is always recommended.
QCF Level 1 Award (England, Northern Ireland & Wales)
Qualification title: FAA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF) Code 600/8131/4
Unit title: Introduction to Health and Safety for people at work Unit code T/601/8007
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age to qualify.
This half day course costs £30* per person which has to be paid when booking is made, this includes verification, certification and booklet.