Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 2 Description
This is an excellent introduction to Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 2 and will benefit all employees, particularly those who may be accepting a health and safety role, such as a safety representative within their organisation. Successful candidates will be awarded a national Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland) qualification which will provide an ideal platform to higher level training or career development. Latest figures from the HSE are;
- 1.2 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,538 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2013)
- 142 workers killed at work
- 76,000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 4.1 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.3 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2014/15)
Do not let your workplace become one of these statistics.
Duration of this Health & Safety in the Workplace Level 2 course is;
This is a one-day classroom based course. Dependant on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading. We can deliver this course at your place of work or at one of are training centres in and around Aylesbury Buckinghamshire.
A range of subjects is covered including:
|The roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace|
|The value and process of risk assessment|
|The identification and control of workplace hazards|
|How to respond to workplace incidents and accidents|
Assessment is on-going by the instructor, culminating with a multiple choice question paper. This is a lifetime qualification, although refresher training is always recommended.
QCF Level 2 Award (England, Northern Ireland & Wales)
Qualification title: FAA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF) Code 600/2776/9
Unit title: Health and Safety in the Workplace Unit code H/601/9699
A maximum of 16 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.
This one day course costs £55* per person which has to be paid when booking is made, this includes verification, certification and booklet.